Sunday, February 23, 2014

Last trip to Adler

After the great night I had yesterday, I walked back into Adler with friends for one final shopping trip.  I picked up something for Caitie and a set of Matryoshka dolls for Susan (and me!) - no pictures - don't want to spoil the surprise!  Instead, I'll start with a nice photo of my hotel complex with the mountains in the background (taken from another nearby hotel).

My hotel complex w/mountains!

We walked back through the market, but took a different path, and I was delighted with all the texture and color in the fruits, nuts, vegetables, and flowers. It was Saturday morning in Adler, so the market was much busier than the last time we were there.  I had been up since 4pm on Friday, so was very tired, but really needed to finish off my shopping, as I wasn't sure if the stores would be open on Sunday, and thought I might not make it back to town again.

Dried fruit and nuts!

I am finishing my second last shift tonight, and when I get off this morning at 9am, I am going home to get a full 8 or 9 hours sleep, and then come in early to watch the closing ceremonies (and the gold medal hockey game)!

Veggies!

On Monday morning, I'll go home and back, get some sleep, and then hopefully have dinner with the Comms team (and finally have a chance to drink some beer at a "normal" hour).  Monday night between 9 and 11:30pm, we actually have a "remote check-in" with United Airlines!

Flowers!

We will be able to check our bags, and get our boarding passes at the hotel!  This is super convenient.  Then I can get a nice sleep (or go drinking with the guys), and get picked up to go to the airport at 6:40am (for my 9:40am flight).  I am on the NBC Charter again, and this time I have an aisle seat!

BBQ Pork! (Already half done, and we split this 3 ways!)

As we were walking along the beach heading back to the IBC, all three of us were stopped in our tracks by a delicious smell.  We found the restaurant that was grilling this amazing BBQ pork and decided we needed to stop for lunch.  We bought one serving and split it 3 ways, it was so big (and so good!).

I ended up getting back to the hotel room at 1:30pm (up for 21.5 hours) and only got 5 hours sleep before coming back in today.  I've got a few things left that I want to post about, but we are running out of time here, things have gone by so quickly, and tomorrow is Closing Ceremonies!

No comments:

Post a Comment