Thursday, February 20, 2014

Shout Outs!

Non-Olympic post!

I just wanted to give a Shout Out to all the Canadian Synchronized Skating teams converging on Burnaby, BC this week for the Canadian National Synchronized Skating Championships.

NEXXICE Senior arrives in Vancouver!

I have friends on many teams at all levels, including Momentum (Newmarket/Unionville), Shiver (East Gwillimbury), Synergy (Leaside), Gold Ice (Brampton), Synchronicity (London), Les Supremes (Montreal) as well as, of course, NEXXICE (Burlington).

NEXXICE Senior 2013-2014

This is the first time that I've missed Nationals in years, and I just want to wish every team a great skate!  Hopefully, we will see Synchro in the Olympics in 2018 in South Korea (OK, this is an Olympic post!).

Caitie with NEXXICE at Winterfest!

This is Caitie's first year with NEXXICE Senior, and I am very proud of her, and wish her and the team all the best in Burnaby, and can't wait to go to Worlds in Italy this April!

My amazing wife, Susan!
 
My amazing and lovely wife Susan is heading out tomorrow to join the team in Burnaby, and my son Connor, on reading week from Bio-Med Engineering at U of Guelph, is already out there visiting a friend, and will be coming to watch.  I hope they find him another appropriate outfit to support the team!

Connor at Synchro Nationals last year!

I'm sure you'll all have a blast in Vancouver!  Take lots of pictures!

Finally, I also wanted to give a Shout Out to the Jones family in Waterloo, who are great friends, Olympic nuts, and avid readers of my blog.  Suzanne's mother, Gretta Jackson, turns 88 tomorrow!

Also, a Shout Out to the Legacy family in Brighton, Michigan. Susan's sister and her family, are also hugely supportive of my blog, and are a figure skating crazy family too!  My niece, Hannah's birthday is today!

So I'll end by wishing these two lovely ladies a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wishes Sean. Hannah was at a High school skating competition for her birthday! Of course.

    ReplyDelete